By ordering fresh soursop from aboutsoursop.com or soursopstore.com, and which is sourced from our South Florida supplier, you accept and agree to the following terms:
- You understand that fresh soursop fruit is a tropical fruit that ripens quickly. Our affiliate farmers harvest it on Sundays and ship it to you on a 2 day FedEx air outside Florida or 1 to 2 day home service in Florida.
- Upon receiving your order you agree to open it immediately and inspect the fruit. You should expect it to be soft or very soft and will further soften as it ripens. It is best to refrigerate it immediately. The edible pulp can also be removed from the green spiny skin and frozen.
- You understand that until the fruit is soft, they should be kept above 60° F (15.5° C). Once the fruit is soft they will last another 4 days in the refrigerator — or several months in the freezer.
- You understand that if the fruit is exposed to extreme temperatures after arrival (i.e. left outside or not unpacked) that it may spoil.
- Fruit exposed to the elements after delivery is your responsibility. We recommend that you track your order and ensure that someone is available to receive the fruit and refrigerate it immediately.
- If the fruit pulp is white it is ripe and edible. It may have a slightly funky smell. This is normal for this kind of fruit. If it is dark or brown (more than 25% of the fruit pulp) it may be spoiled. If so, take a photo and send immediately to [email protected] with your order number (same day) and we will forward the image to the farm for inspection. Only then will it be determined that the spoilage may be eligible for replacement or partial refund. You understand and accept that next day claims are ineligible for a compensation or refund.
- Each small box ( 3 to 5 lbs of fruit) consists of 3 to 4 pieces of fruit. While 98% of all fruit orders are edible, some orders may contain a piece of spoiled fruit. We may ship more pieces (or larger fruit) to allow for the fact that one piece may not be edible. When all fruit in the box is edible, then we hope you enjoy the bonus.
If you cannot accept these terms, we recommend that you purchase frozen soursop pulp from us.